This fajita recipe is perfect. Quick to make, healthy, vegetarian and not a single complaint from the kids! We had two wraps each and although they don’t look it, they are really filling. You could serve them with some tortilla chips, but honestly, we are a greedy bunch here and we were stuffed after eating them!
You can of course use chicken, rather than Quorn, but with all of the flavours from the spices,it’s a great opportunity to make this an even healthier and cheaper meal. If you’ve not used Quorn before, this is a great entry level recipe to get you started!
Happy wrapping! x
If you like my recipes, why not have a look at my Cookbook . Simple, delicious, family recipes….on a budget! You can buy all of the ingredients for ALL of my recipes from Aldi and Lidl…..best of all, it’s only £4.99 on Amazon at the moment! How’s that for savvy?!
Makes 8 wraps
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 tbls passata
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 300g bag of Quorn pieces
- 1 large onion
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Half an iceburg lettuce shredded.
- 1 tsp of Aldi chilli (slightly milder than other chilli powders)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 50g cheddar cheese
- Halve, de-seed and thinly slice the red and yellow peppers. Halve the onion and cut into thin slithers. Place the onion, peppers and frozen quorn in a non-stick frying pan and drizzle in olive oil. Stir until it is all coated in oil and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft. Stir regularly.
- Add the chilli, paprika and cumin to the pan and stir until everything is coated in the seasoning. Fry for a further 5 minutes, making sure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan too much.
- Add the passata, stirring well to catch any of the spices at the bottom of the pan. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, warm the wraps in the microwave for a few seconds, before laying them out on a worktop.
- Add a teaspoon of mayonnaise to the centre of each wrap. Using the back of a spoon, spread it around so that most of the wrap is covered.
- Arrange some shredded lettuce onto each of the wraps.
- Divide the fajita mix between them, placing it in the centre. Sprinkle each one with a little cheese and roll up the wrap, tucking in the bottom, so that the filling doesn’t fall out!