I’m going to be honest. Fruit on my salad isn’t usually my kind of thing. However, now it’s salad season, I’m trying to add a bit of variety to the usual, lettuce, cucumber and tomato!
For those of you, like me, that are too impatient to wait for the peaches to fully ripen, this recipe is perfect for you! The peaches need to be firm, to ensure they don’t become too sloppy in the pan. The combination of the salty feta and prosciutto goes so well with the sweet, grilled peaches and the croutons make it feel a bit more substantial. I added some left over roast chicken, but it’s not essential to the recipe.
This is a great Summer dinner or lunch. It’s light, healthy and takes minutes to put together. My kids aren’t usually the biggest fans of lettuce, but we had this for dinner last night and they cleared their plates! I have a feeling that this might become a bit of a regular for us.
If you like the recipes on my blog why not order your copy of The Savvy Shopper’s Cookbook? Over 80 delicious recipes using all Aldi and Lidl ingredients! All recipes are new and not on the blog. CLICK HERE to order from Amazon….currently only £4.99
- 200g bag of crispy mixed leaf salad
- 1 packet of Aldi prosciutto
- 100g feta cheese
- 4 firm peaches
- 1 slice of bread
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of honey
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each of the peaches in half and remove the stone. Peel each of the halves using a knife. Cut each of the peach halves into three segments.
- Put the peach segments into a hot griddle or frying pan (no oil needed) and fry for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, until they are slightly browned and caramelising. Put the peaches to one side.
- In the same pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil. Tear up the slice of bread into small pieces and toss in the pan, until all the bread is coated. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until the bread is crisp. Set the croutons aside.
- Put a large handful of salad into each of the 4 bowls.
- Tear up the prosciutto, into bite sized pieces and divide between the 4 bowls.
- Arrange the peaches onto each of the salads and sprinkle with feta and croutons.
- Drizzle with a little honey, some balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.