Yesterday was pizza night. I made a really quick pizza base using half a packet of Aldi bread mix and it worked really well. So today, I have the other half of that packet of bread mix to use up…….
Courgette and Cheese Loaf is so easy, and great to make with the kids. You can use any old cheese you have left over and is perfect for using up courgettes. The courgettes make the bread much lighter and more moist and the cheese makes it, well……cheesier!
Makes 8 large wedges
- Half a packet of Aldi bread mix (250 g)
- 50 g cheese
- 1 courgette
- 150 ml warm water
- Pour the bread mix into a mixing bowl
- Grate the courgette and cheese. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Pour over the warm water and combine all of the ingredients into a dough ball. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough back in the mixing bowl, cover in cling film and put in a warm place for 40 minutes, until it has doubled in size.
- Move the dough to a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool a little before serving.