Simple, everyday recipes; making the most out of budget ingredients.

Savvy: (Informal. Adjective) Shrewd and knowledgeable; having common sense and good judgement.

It’s so hard to be savvy all the time. Life gets in the way.

So you’ve discovered the joy of the discount supermarket? Found all sorts of wonderful, cheap, new ingredients? Not sure what to cook with them?

“The Savvy Shopper’s Cookbook” is a food blog, full of delicious, everyday recipes, using simple, budget ingredients, all bought from discount supermarkets.

A new way of shopping and cooking; saving you time and money.

If you like the recipes on this blog, why not order The Savvy Shopper’s Cookbook

Advertisements

17 Comments Add yours

1. Tom says:

Your cookbook looks great; I tried to purchase it but I live in the States (USA) where Aldi is making inroads. Unfortunately, Amazon says copyright restrictions prevent me from purchasing it. Sigh….

1. Hi Tom, thanks for your message! The book will be available in the US when I can be sure that all of the ingredients in the book are stocked by Aldi US! Thanks! Amy

1. Tom says:

I was able to purchase a copy by using a UK address. Your book looks great, very professionally done.

A few comments: here in the States we still use Fahrenheit on our ovens and would have no idea what a temperature like “Gas 4” means. Most ingredients are measured volumetrically, not by weight. Aldi does sell food scales a few times a year but I don’t know anyone who uses one.

The ingredients are mostly the same but sadly, items such as chorizo, shallots, and Emmental cheese are not usually stocked. Not sure I”ve ever seen fresh herbs either but I might be wrong about that.

My wife and I have been Aldi fans for over 20 years since living in Germany. It’s taking them quite awhile to establish themselves here in the US and they are still experimenting with their product mix and store locations.

2. Alex says:

This is such an amazing idea, I love aldi and will 100% use this, good luck

1. Thank so much Alex!

3. kittychiwawa says:

I’m excited about this cookbook! I’m in the US so unfortunately unable to purchase it. 😦 Any likelihood that it will become available to purchase anytime soon? In the meantime, I will copy and save your blog posts. This is a great thing. Seriously. 🙂 Lovin’ some Aldi’s in the US too.!

1. Thanks so much! Unfortunately it’s not available in the US at the moment. Hopefully it will be soon when I can be sure that Aldi US stocks the same ingredients! Thanks for following! Amy

Liked by 1 person

4. Claire says:

Is it available in Australia?

1. Hi Claire,

Thanks for your message. It’s only available in the UK at the moment. Until I can be sure that all of the ingredients are available at Aldi AU. Will keep you posted though! Amy

5. Stacey says:

Hi, will you be realising the book in paperback in the UK?

1. Hi Stacey, thanks for your message. Fingers crossed it will be released
      in paperback at some point! I will keep you posted! Amy

Liked by 1 person

1. Jason says:

Bought the Kindle version and would buy a paper/hardback version. Aldi should sell this in all their stores! 🙂

2. Thanks so much Jason – glad you like it! The response has been incredible!

6. Jeannie says:

Hi Stacey,
    I live in Spain where Aldi is very popular but unfortunately Amazon.es do not stock your book and unable to download from the UK. When do you expect the paperback to be out?

1. Hi Thanks for your message. Unfortunately it’s only available in UK as I need to ensure hat all of the ingredients in the book are available in other countries. Thanks so much for your interest. Amy

7. Lee Jenkinson says:

Just done your smoked fish pie . It was gorgeous. The whole family ate it served with broccoli and carrots . Really good recipe and will be making again . Looking forward to more from the book . Keep up the good work .

1. Thanks so much Lee, really glad you liked it! Amy